This is a step by step guide into creating a OpenIV Mods Folder, for anyone who has never used mods before and doesn’t know where to start.
When you use OpenIV and Mod Manager to install a car mod, there are 2 most important things for you to pay careful attention to
1. Make sure the required tools are the latest update and the files downloaded from the mod must be imported properly in the right folder. If not, you may fall into the situations such as “I cannot find the folder dlcpacks” or “why mod not working?”. What’s even worse is the fact that when you import the wrong folders may lead to crash at startup.
2 – There are 2 ways to use Mod Manager to manage, and this way is probably the simplest one
for the GTA 5 car mods which have more than one file RPF need to be edited. We need to explain to you so that you wouldn’t be surprised at our doing when you have a look at the Mod Manager user guidance and the “Import modded RPF” function. You can read more about “The common errors when using Mod Manager” to gain a better understanding!
– You should ad this to bookmark so that you can read it again or send it to your friends anytime you want.
– If our guidance is good for you, do not hesitate to comments and show any problems, we’ll by our best to help you out. GTABest.com was founded only with one single purpose is to become where the community can find useful information and really enjoy GTA 5.
1) What I need to install a GTA 5 Car mod?
Car files to updatex64dlcpackspatchday3ngdlc.rpfx64levelsgta5vehicles.rpf,
Tune files (zentorno_mods.rpf) to x64w.rpfdlcpacksmpbusiness2dlc.rpfx64levelsmpbusiness2vehiclemods
vehicles.meta: Replace the file at updateupdate.rpfdlc_patchmpbusiness2commondatalevelsgta5. If you want to modify by yourself, search for “PovCameraOffset” and set “z” to 0.570000.
1.Genuine players: put the bigger carcols.meta to updateupdate.rpfdlc_patchmpbusiness2commondata
2.Pirated players: put the smaller carcols.meta to /x64w.rpf/dlcpacks/mpbusiness2/dlc.rpf/common/data
– Car files are zentorno.yft ; zentorno.ytd ; zentorno_hi.yft
– 3 files will be modified are: dlc.rpf ; x64w.rpf ; update.rpf so you need backup them. You also can find them:
update.rpf at GTAVupdate
dlc.rpf at GTAV\update\x64\dlcpacks\patchday3ng
x64w.rpf at main game folder
Step 1: Create a path OpenIV\GTAV\mods\update\x64\dlcpacks\patchday3ng\dlc.rpf
Create a folder “mods” in GTA V directory
Create a folder “update” in mods folder
Create a folder “x64” in update folder
Create a folder “dlcpacks” in x64 folder
Create a folder “patchday3ng” in dlcpacks folder
Step 2: Copy and paste (do not cut files)
dlc.rpf File into “patchday3ng” Folder.
x64w.rpf file into “mods” Folder.
update.rpf file into “update” Folder.
Step 3: Use OpenIV to Edit
– Turn on “Edit Mode”
– Drag and drop (or use Add New File feature)
zentorno.yft ; zentorno.ytd ; zentorno_hi.yft into OpenIV\GTAV\mods\update\x64\dlcpacks\patchday3ng\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\vehicles.rpf
vehicles.meta into OpenIV\GTAV\mods\update\update.rpf\dlc_patch\mpbusiness2\common\data\levels\gta5
carcols.meta from Genuine Folder or Pirated Folder into
Close OpenIV and done.
At this step, you are able to use car mod features. But if you want to mod gta 5 safely, you should consider to use Mod Manager.
Step 4: Use with Mod Manager
Download and install GTA V Mod Manager
Create Lamborghini Aventador folder inside Mod Manager Folder.
Cut and paste OPENIV “mods” folder into Lamborghini Aventador folder.
Open Mod Manager, select: Lamborghini Aventador + OpenIV + ScriptHookV + Native Trainer
Select Single Player and go to game, press F4 (active Native Trainer Menu) → Vehicles → Spawn Vehicles → Zentorno.